Church History Alum Receives CT Book Award

Eric Miller received the Christianity Today book award in the history category for his biography of Christopher Lasch, Hope in a Scattering Time. Miller graduated from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School’s church history program in the early ’90s, when he studied under John Woodbridge.

CT’s review described the biography this way:

“In Miller’s sure-footed and penetrating narrative, we discover that prominent 20th-century social historian and cultural critic Christopher Lasch grew up under atheistic liberal parents, but laboring under ‘a longstanding looming sense of alienation’ discovered its roots by examining and eventually deconstructing American liberalism. For a post-Christian era struggling with social responsibility and moral integrity, I can recommend no more salutary biography than this one.”

Miller also recently co-edited a book on the practice of Christian history with other TEDS alums, John Fea and Jay Green.

This entry was posted in Alumni News, TEDS News, University News by Rob. Bookmark the permalink.

About Rob

As director of publications, I edit the award-winning Trinity magazine, I blog, and I'm all around Trinity storyteller. I also write for places like The Wall Street Journal, Christianity Today, and InterVarsity Press which published my book The Art of Dying: Living Fully into the Life to Come. My writings, here and elsewhere, can be found at www.robmoll.com.