TEDS Grad to Be Inaugurated as RTS President

Don Sweeting (PhD ’98) will be inaugurated the president of Reformed Theological Seminary on February 9. After studying at Oxford University, Sweeting came to Trinity where he received a doctorate in church history. Since then, he has taught church history at Denver Seminary and Reformed Theological Seminary. He served as chairman of the theology committee for the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, and is a trustee on the board of Colorado Christian University.

Sweeting was the senior pastor of Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church in Greenwood Village, Colorado, and he was the founding pastor of Chain of Lakes Community Bible Church in Northern Illinois. Sweeting blogs at The Chief End of Man.

Sweeting joins a number of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School graduates who lead educational institutions, including, Mark Young at Denver Seminary, John Senyonyi (MA ’92) at Uganda Christian University, Maureen Yeung (MA ’90, ThM ’91) at Evangel Seminary (Hong Kong), Julie Wu (MA ’76) at China Bible Seminary (Hong Kong), Kent Fuchs (MDiv ’84), Provost, Cornell University, Dennis Hollinger (MDiv ’75) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, David Demchuk (DMin ’07) at Summit Pacific College, Steven Hostetter (PhD ’03) at Oak Hills Christian College, and Larry McCullough (MA ’67) at Laurel University.

This entry was posted in TEDS News, University News by Rob. Bookmark the permalink.

About Rob

As director of publications, I edit the award-winning Trinity magazine, I blog, and I'm all around Trinity storyteller. I also write for places like The Wall Street Journal, Christianity Today, and InterVarsity Press which published my book The Art of Dying: Living Fully into the Life to Come. My writings, here and elsewhere, can be found at www.robmoll.com.

One thought on “TEDS Grad to Be Inaugurated as RTS President

1. I would like to inform that GADIEL T. ISIDRO my mentor and the founding President of EL Theological Seminary in Cebu, Philippines is also an alumnus of TEDS sometime in the 80’s and finished his Master of Divinity – Magna Cum Laude, and was also awarded Doctor of Divinity by the same school. I believe he should also be cited in line with the rest of the alumni above who are recently holding the highest positions in their seminaries.