Trinity Grad New Vice Chancellor at Uganda Christian University

It’s no secret that Trinity grads are working all over the world. From Kazakhstan to Peru to Kampala, Uganda. That’s where John Senyonyi (MA ’92) has just received an invitation to become the new vice-chancellor at Uganda Christian University.

Senyonyi is more than an administrator in higher education, however. Kamapala’s English daily, New Vision, writes, “He is also the founding director of Family Life Network and the chairman of the mission committee of African’s Evangelistic Enterprise.” In addition to his theology training at TEDS, Senyonyi also has a PhD in mathematical statistics from the University of Melbourne, in Australia. Senyonyi also writes a column, Me and My God, for the student newspaper.

During his tenure, Senyonyi says he’ll be upgrading the school’s library and science facility’s for Uganda Christian University’s 10,000 students. “The responsibility I am undertaking is one I am convinced God has cut-out for me. But I need everyone’s prayers to know rightly what God wants me to do,” Senyonyi says.

PS: The Ugandan capital of Kampala was rocked by several bombs detonated by Muslim terrorists from Somalia last night, which killed at least 74 people. No word as to how UCU or its students were affected, but certainly prayers are warranted for the city.

This entry was posted in Alumni News, TEDS News, University News and tagged , , by Rob. Bookmark the permalink.

About Rob

As director of publications, I edit the award-winning Trinity magazine, I blog, and I'm all around Trinity storyteller. I also write for places like The Wall Street Journal, Christianity Today, and InterVarsity Press which published my book The Art of Dying: Living Fully into the Life to Come. My writings, here and elsewhere, can be found at www.robmoll.com.